Monday, January 7, 2013

Book Review Policy


Book Review Policy:

Without books, my blog wouldn't exist, so to say that I spend a lot of time reading than writing. But now that will change and I will be doing both   If you’re interested in having me review your book(s), I’d be more than happy to! Simply send me an email:    brittwilliams94@gmail.com     with your request and I’ll get back to you as soon as I possibly can. A few things you should know before you send a request:

I accept ARCs, finished copies,  and e-books.  If the book is a part of a series, then I may need the previous books.  I will not review audiobooks.
I will also be accepting self-published books, indie press books, or interactive media books. I'm accepting Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult fiction novels.



Genres 

I enjoy the YA following genres:
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Historical fiction
Fairy tale/myth retellings
Contemporary romance
Paranormal Romance
Romantic Comedy
Romantic Suspense
Urban Fantasy
Mystery
Gothic horror/romance
Horror
Humor
Dystopia
Family
Dark Fantasy
Magic Realism
Psychological

I will also accepting YA books in the following genres:
"Issues" books (dying mothers, cancer diagnoses, mental illnesses, self-harm, family drama, etc)
Poetry
Free verse novels
Short story compilations

I also enjoy Adult fiction such as:

Paranormal Romance
Urban Fantasy
Fantasy
Science Fiction
Historical fiction
Contemporary
Paranormal Romance
Mystery
Horror
Thriller

Accepting Books

If I accept a book for review,
I will make every effort to read and review in a timely fashion. It may take me a day or more to review a book after it has been read.


Reviews

I will write a review for almost every young adult or adult fiction book, or any kind of book I finish. Many reviews will also be posted here on this blog. My reviews are written in a relaxed manner. I will write fair and honest reviews, but this does not mean I will always write positive reviews. My reviews are my opinions, and if I don’t enjoy a book then my review will reflect that.  I don’t write to please authors or anybody else. If I don’t like your book, you won’t receive a positive review. That simple. However, I’m never trashy or disrespectful in any of my reviews. You’ll receive a mature review, good or bad, in return.

If I do not finish a book, explanations are different from standard reviews and will state that I did not finish the book, what page I read up to, why I did not finish, and if I plan on ever picking up the book again.


Review Structure

All reviews will include the following:
Cover art
Book stats: Title, author, publisher, page count, release date, series status
Where I received the book
A summary (From Goodreads, Amazon, or the jacket flap)
My review

I’m always looking for cool things to do on my blog, so if you’re interested in having me host contests, organize interviews, or even if you want to do a guest blog- let me know! I’d be more than happy to feature you here!



No comments:

Post a Comment